Dorplan collect information about users of our website in order to improve our services. This statement explains what information is collected and how it is used.
Why data is collected
Collecting data helps Dorplan to understand what you are looking for on our site and make sure you can find it. It is also necessary to provide you with services.
For example, if you email us with an enquiry, we need to use your email address or phone number to respond. If you place items in a basket, we need to be able to store that information for you to enquire about them.
What data is collected
- Details of queries, and contact details if you make an enquiry or subscribe to email newsletters
- Whether recipients find our newsletters interesting by recording if they have been opened and if links in them were clicked on
- Your IP address and web browser type
- Information on how users navigate our website, using cookies and page tags. This does not tell us who you are. It tells us information such as how long people spend on the site and which pages they look at, so we can work out if the content is interesting or needs to be changed.
- Google provides general demographic data about site users to help companies tailor content to user interests. This is not linked to any personal information we hold about users.
What happens to your data
The data we collect will be stored by us and, where necessary and appropriate, shared with our suppliers. It is not sold or rented to third parties or shared with third parties for marketing purposes. An example of sharing your information with a supplier is storing your name and email address on the website of our mail newsletter service.
Keeping you in control of your data
You have the right to ask us what data we hold about you, to have a copy of it and to ensure that any inaccuracies are corrected. If you object to us holding data about you, you can ask for it to be erased.
You understand and agree that the owners of this site shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, data or other intangible losses (even if the owners of this site have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the use or the inability to use the product(s) and or service(s) or any misuse of the product(s) and or service(s) in a manner not in accordance with their intended use.
If you have any queries about your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01366 386800.